[ewg] RE: OFED 1.4.2 requires rebuild of kernel modules on each node

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Thu Oct 22 15:38:58 PDT 2009

Sending this to the EWG openfabrics list,
since this seems to be an OFED build/installation issue
rather than a general code problem.

One thing that you might try is to instead of copying the
entire build directory and re-runing ./install.pl -c ofed.conf
on each system, instead, after building on one node,
just copy the binrary RPMS directory and
the uninstall script to the other nodes,
Then just run the uninstall script and
install the RPMS manually... e.g,

./uninstall.sh
cd ./RPMS/redhat-release-xxxx/x86_64
rpm -i *

This method has worked for me in the past.

woody