[ewg] IPoIB to Ethernet routing performance

Richard Croucher richard at informatix-sol.com
Tue Dec 14 08:35:06 PST 2010

Qlogic claim their QLE7340 is lowest latency for MPI applications but it is
restricted to a single port.   I've not carried out IPoIB testing of this
card.  There are plenty of published results for the Mellanox ConnectX cards
which tend to account for the majority of HCA's deployed.

My opinion is that the Mellanox  ConnectX has more capabilities on board and
is probably the best all rounder, but the Qlogic TrueScale lets certain apps
get closer to the metal and therefore lower latency.

You really have to carry out your own testing, since it depends on what you
consider important.

Richard