[ewg] bug 1918 - openmpi broken due to rdma-cm changes

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Feb 4 14:42:17 PST 2010

>But how can you determine _which_ rdma device should be used if and app
>binds to 127.0.0.1?  I think this is busted...

The code just picks the first rdma device available.  To me, this is preferable
than simply disallowing the loopback device from working at all.  I personally
use it all the time, so I don't have to figure out what the ip address is of the
system that I'm trying to test on.

Loopback support has always been in the rdma_cm and was intended to work; it
just didn't work very well...