[ewg] bug 1918 - openmpi broken due to rdma-cm changes

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Thu Feb 4 15:35:39 PST 2010

 > Hey Roland, are you ok with a device attribute to indicate hw-loopback
 > support?

Sigh, I guess so.  Can we have the rdma-cm handle this somewhat
automagically, eg only choose devices that do handle loopback when
binding/connecting to 127.0.0.1?  Or maybe can we put the handling of
this into the device-driver-specific iwcm methods, to fail
listen/connect requests that are loopback?

But if a device cap flag is what it takes, that's OK I guess.
--
Roland Dreier <rolandd at cisco.com>
Cisco.com - http://www.cisco.com

For corporate legal information go to: