[ewg] bug 1918 - openmpi broken due to rdma-cm changes

Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) jsquyres at cisco.com
Fri Feb 5 03:32:27 PST 2010

Note that it is highly unlikely that we will release open mpi 1.4.2 in time for ofed 1.5.1.

Also note that trying to bind rdma cm to all interface ip addresses was the way that we were advised by openfabrics to figure out which devices are rdma-capable.

As such, it is highly desirable to get the fix transparently in rdmacm and preserve the old semantic. More specifically, it seems undesirable to change this semantic in a minor ofed point release.

-jms
Sent from my PDA.  No type good.