[ewg] bug 1918 - openmpi broken due to rdma-cm changes

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Sun Feb 7 08:39:26 PST 2010

Tziporet Koren wrote:

>> NOTE: This doesn't solve our IB/openmpi regression for ofed-1.5.1.
>>

> If this patch will be accepted to the kernel 2.6.33 we can take it too

If ofed-1.5.1 is based on 2.6.33 then it will get this patch
automatically (assuming it goes upstream and makes 2.6.33).  Or we can
pull it in as a kernel_patches/fixes/ patch.

My point, though, is that even with this patch in ofed-1.5.1, we still
have an openmpi/IB/rdmacm regression.  The only way to avoid this
regression without changing openmpi is to disallow _all_ rdma binds to
127.0.0.1.

Steve.