[ewg] rdma/cm: disallow loopback address for iwarp devices

Jeff Squyres jsquyres at cisco.com
Mon Feb 8 17:02:55 PST 2010

On Feb 8, 2010, at 7:50 PM, Pradeep Satyanarayana wrote:

> No, there is none. I got this command from one of the mails in the thread. What should I use instead?

You need to compile and run an MPI program.  "ring" is a typical test program that sends a message around in a ring.  I think that OFED installs those test apps somewhere, but I don't recall where offhand.

ring_c.c is attached.  Compile it with:

mpicc ring_c.c -o ring

(you might need the full path to mpicc if it's not in your path?)

A better mpirun command line would be:

/usr/mpi/gcc/openmpi-1.4.1/bin/mpirun -np 2 --host HOSTNAME1,HOSTNAME2 \
    --mca btl openib,sm,self --mca btl_openib_cpc_include rdmacm ring

Put in your own HOSTNAME1 and HOSTNAME2 values.  You'll also need to ensure that both Open MPI and "ring" are available on both names (preferably in the same filesystem locations on both nodes, for simplicity) and that you can ssh to from one node to the other without being prompted for a password or passphrase.

This will run a 2-process MPI job across the two nodes, passing a message between the two processes a few times before quitting.

The various --mca parameters on this mpirun command line ensure that you are definitely using the OpenFabrics verbs support and forcing the use of RDMA CM.

--
Jeff Squyres
jsquyres at cisco.com

For corporate legal information go to: