[ewg] EWG/OFED meeting minutes for Feb 09, 2010

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Tue Feb 9 08:48:17 PST 2010

EWG/OFED the meeting minutes for Feb 9, 2010

Meeting summary:
----------------
- OFED 1.5.1 RC1 is delayed till the CMA & Open MPI issue is resolved.
- Decided to have another meeting next week to track closely 1.5.1 progress.

Meeting details:
----------------

1. OFED 1.5.1 status toward RC1 this week:

Review changes that should be done:
- Decide how to resolve CMA issue with Open-MPI:
  All agreed that we must resolve the issue and not have a broken Open MPI.
  Discussed the different options to resolve the problem:
  Take-off the new RDMA-CM patches, fix Open MPI, have some workaround for CMA loopback.
  Decision was that IBM will see if they can provide a fix this week, maybe take out only the loopback support.

- Fix NFS-RDMA bugs and bring it to GA - Tom - on work - should be this week
- Support SDP on PPC64 - Amir - on work - should be for RC2
- iSER support for distro - Or - should be for RC2
- Bug fixes

Bugs status:
- We reviewed the bugs and decided to reduce priority for few bugs
- We wait for bug 1918 (RDMA-CM issue with Open MPI) resolution for RC1.
- Regarding bug 1890: Applications built for OFED 1.4.2 or earlier will not run on OFED 1.5
  We consider adding compat libraries (like udapl) to resolve

2. Decide on release date based on the above
Suggestion:
- RC1 - Feb 11, 2010 - probably beginning of next week, depending on the CMA issue resolution

We will close schedule in next week meeting

Tziporet