[ewg] OpenSM problem on today's OFED-1.5.1 daily build

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Fri Feb 19 16:16:06 PST 2010

Hal wrote,

>Could it be changes to mlx driver ?

Guess we need to look at what has changed since RC1.

>And that's an SDR switch port ?

Yes, this is a very very old 8 port Mellanox SDR switch.

>Looks like the switch SMA is not responding ? Can you try some smpquerys to it ?

I re-loaded the OFED-1.5.1-rc1 code, it seems to work fine, so I do not suspect the switch,
unless the latest OpenSM or MLX driver is sending some MAD to the switch SMA that it
does not understand.

>Is this reproducible in this environment ?

Yes. happens every time.