[ewg] EWG/OFED meeting minutes for Jan 25 2010

Roland Dreier rdreier at cisco.com
Mon Jan 25 13:54:24 PST 2010

 > - Add - uMMU notifier kernel module - In general we wish to add it,
 > Tziporet will try to find someone that can do it soon

Please do *NOT* add ummunotify to OFED.  The upstream kernel has
explicitly rejected it (at least for the moment).  It adds a huge
maintenance and compatibility headache if OFED ships ummunotify and then
upstream takes an incompatible version.

Effort would be much better spent getting ummunotify or something like
it into shape where upstream will merge it.

 - R.