[ewg] OFED bug 2072

Steve Wise swise at opengridcomputing.com
Wed Jul 21 06:12:49 PDT 2010

Joachim Fenkes wrote:
> Steve Wise <swise at opengridcomputing.com> wrote on 20.07.2010 20:14:08:
>

>> This bug is actually a duplicate of an old one I have open.  You can
>> work around the problem by configuring in cxgb3 and iw_cxgb3 in your
>> kernel.  Then building/installing ofed will overlay these two modules,
>> but the genalloc code will still have been pulled into the kernel.  Does
>>

>> that make sense?
>>

> A lot.
>
> In case the problem isn't going to be fixed for 1.5.2 GA, a release note
> might be a good idea; what do you think?
>
> Cheers
>   Joachim

Already been done a long time ago.  From cxgb3_release_notes.txt:

3) If you are building OFED against a kernel.org kernel later than
2.6.20, then make sure your kernel is configured with the cxgb3 and
iw_cxgb3 modules enabled.  This forces the kernel to pull in the genalloc
allocator, which is required for the OFED iw_cxgb3 module.  Make sure
these config options are included in your .config file:

        CONFIG_CHELSIO_T3=m
        CONFIG_INFINIBAND_CXGB=m