[ewg] EWG/OFED meeting agenda for today (Mar 8)

Or Gerlitz ogerlitz at Voltaire.com
Mon Mar 8 23:47:41 PST 2010

Tziporet Koren wrote:
> 1. OFED 1.5.1 ... Release schedule proposal: ... GA  - Mar 15, 2010
> My proposal: Plan for 1.5.2 on end of Q2

Tziporet,

Lets try to learn from the experience / troubles caused by XRC being released through ofed bypassing upstream inclusion and apply the lesson for IBoE.

IBoE is out there for people want to experiment with (through 1.5) and its not in the kernel yet, and as such APIs/ABI may still change for the inclusion.

Basically, the whole point of 1.5.1 as the EWG was discussing in SC/09 was
to do the IBoE merge in a way which meets the quality and process criteria.

Maybe the 1.5.1 can be canceled or the EWG can call distros not to adopt it and wait for 1.5.2, or other ideas what people can bring up while being in Sonoma.

Or.