[ewg] Hang in ib_mad when unergistering.

Mike Heinz michael.heinz at qlogic.com
Mon May 3 07:22:02 PDT 2010

Tziporet,

I have only seen this in OFED to date.  I've been unable to reproduce the problem under controlled circumstances, and since it occurs very rarely, we only see it after the fact, usually in our own test facility.

At this point, code inspection seems to be the only way forward - I've been staring at this since before New Years, thought I had found a hole where the problem could occur, but then the problem occurred again last week, which is why I'm reaching out to ewg. I'm hoping that someone who knows this module better than I could suggest a scenario that might be triggering the problem.