[ewg] Question: When should patches be submitted to EWG and when should they be submitted to linux-rdma?

Mike Heinz michael.heinz at qlogic.com
Wed May 26 13:58:41 PDT 2010

My preference for bug fixes is that they be applied so that they go into the upstream kernel - assuming they don't require EWG-only changes. But I need to understand the correlation between the two source trees - if you accept a bug fix for the upstream kernel, will that end up in OFED as well, or do I need to submit the patch to both groups?