[ewg] Fedora 14: gcc: cannot specify -o with -c, -S or -E with multiple files

Jeremy Enos jenos at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Nov 23 17:42:46 PST 2010

Thanks Ken-
This definitely got me further, and was good advice.  Looks like it's
been an issue for some time w/ Fedora kernel source.
http://www.g-loaded.eu/2005/12/14/the-complete-fedora-kernel-headers/

Unfortunately, there were many more potholes ahead- mostly implicit
declaration errors that required additional include lines for kernel
headers.  But then the showstoppers came up... struct device changes,
function argument mismatches, etc.

I wish the ofa_kernel package development wasn't so anchored by
enterprise distros.  Making it compatible w/ more recent kernels is work
that eventually needs to be done anyway- doing it sooner would allow for
that much more pre-enterprise testing.  (and I wouldn't have to rebuild
all the applications that I prefer not to be dark age versions in order
to have a distro that is ofed compatible)  :(

     Jeremy