[ewg] OFED backport patch error

Todd Rimmer todd.rimmer at qlogic.com
Mon Feb 21 09:59:23 PST 2011

FYI, I took the 1.5.3rc4 and attempted to ofed_patch for each of the supported backports.

For the 2.6.18-chaos backport, the following failed to apply:

    kernel_patches/backport/2.6.18-chaos/core_4_show_res_to_xxx.patch^M
patching file drivers/infiniband/core/uverbs_main.c^M
Hunk #1 FAILED at 870.^M
Hunk #2 FAILED at 935.^M
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/infiniband/core/uverbs
_main.c.rej^M

I went back and tried it with 1.5.3rc3 and observed the same error.

I do not have a 2.6.18-chaos system handy, so I can't verify if this failure of this backport is important to operation or builds for that kernel.

Todd Rimmer
Chief Architect
QLogic Network Systems Group
Voice: 610-233-4852     Fax: 610-233-4777
Todd.Rimmer at QLogic.com  www.QLogic.com

This message and any attached documents contain information from QLogic Corporation or its wholly-owned subsidiaries that may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not read, copy, distribute, or use this information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message.