[ewg] mvapich_gcc issue on CentOS 5.6

Hiroyuki Sato hiroysato at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 05:51:40 PDT 2011

Hello David

I'm not expart MPI. so I'm not sure this information is useful for you.

Have you ever tried ``install --all or installl --hpc'' when you install OFED??

OFED MPI is installed when you specified --all or --hpc.

 Usage: ./install.pl [-c <packages config_file>|--all|--hpc|--basic]
                     [-n|--net <network config_file>]

           -c|--config <packages config_file>. Example of the config file can
                                be found under docs (ofed.conf-example)
           -n|--net <network config_file>      Example of the config file can be
                                found under docs (ofed_net.conf-example)
           -l|--prefix          Set installation prefix.
           -p|--print-available Print available packages for current platform.
                                And create corresponding ofed.conf file.
           -k|--kernel <kernel version>. Default on this system: $(uname -r)
           -s|--kernel-sources  <path to the kernel sources>. Default on this
                                system: /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build
           --build32            Build 32-bit libraries. Relevant for x86_64 and
                                ppc64 platforms
           --without-depcheck   Skip Distro's libraries check
           -v|-vv|-vvv.         Set verbosity level
           -q.                  Set quiet - no messages will be printed
           --force              Force uninstall RPM coming with Distribution
           --builddir           Change build directory. Default: /var/tmp/

           --all|--hpc|--basic  Install all,hpc or basic packages
                                correspondingly

2011/6/15 daliu_771 <daliu_771 at 163.com>:
> Hi, All
>
> I am installing the OFED-1.5.2 in CentOS 5.6, but mvapich_gcc(
> mvapich2_gcc,mpitests_mvapich_gcc,mpitests_mvapich2_gcc) is not available
> and I try to "yum install mvapich_gcc" , and the result is "No package
> mvapich_gcc available", who know how can I get mvapich_gcc, etc ?
>
> Best Regards
>
> David

Hiroyuki Sato