[ewg] EWG/OFED meeting minutes for June 27, 2011

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Mon Jun 27 09:45:07 PDT 2011

We agreed on the 1.5.X schedule:

OFED 1.5.x releases:
    a. OFED 1.5.3.2:
	- With only additional OSes support: RHEL 6.1 & RHEL 5.7
	- Schedule: July 20
    b. OFED 1.5.4
	- Features:
		- FDR support
		- New OpenSM with 3D torus
		- New Chelsio driver
		- Updated SDP
		- New DAPL package
		- CMA APM support
	- Schedule: Sep 26
	- First RC: Aug 1

Implementing the results of the OFA discussion:
1. XRC new API: Sean continue the implementation with a review from the community. He also starting to look at the library compatibility options.
2. Close the gap between OFED and the kernel - Or from Mellanox has submitted some of OFED old patches to the Linux kernel and these are under discussion now,
2. Documentation for starting with OFED: Rupert reported that this is still under discussion with OFA.
3. Testing of interop of OFED  different versions: We wish to start make sure that each version X is interoperable with X-1.
     And additional testing to find interoperability issues between different existing OFED versions, or between OFED and the distros.
     Rupert will discuss this with UNH and come with different proposals for our next EWG meetings
4. How to support experimental features - and maybe have an install option not to take them inside. May be more 2.0 option.

Tziporet