[ewg] EWG/OFED meeting minutes for Mar 14, 2011

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.co.il
Mon Mar 14 10:33:01 PDT 2011

Issue with OFED 1.5.3 GA:

There is a change on that was done after RC5 dma.h and now qib driver is not loaded on SLES10 SP4
We will need to have 1.5.3.1 with this specific fix only
Tom will make sure the specific patch will be sent.

Release process:

Process should be revisited to make sure such cases will not repeat:
1. We must have RC with no changes before we declare a GA - and make sure all parties approve it is working for them
2. In last RCs for every change that is not in low level driver a specific mail should be provided to alert all they must re-test

OFA Monterey Workshop:
- Woody & Tziporet will work on slides for the status meeting and will coordinate with Windows people
- Rupert will send a slide on the Logo testing program

Tziporet