[ewg] EWG/OFED meeting Oct 17, 2011 - Meeting Minutes

Woodruff, Robert J robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Mon Oct 17 09:38:20 PDT 2011

Here are a few notes I took from today's meeting.

We reviewed the OFED-1.5.4 feature list.
All of the features that were targeted at OFED-1.5.4 are now available.
MVAPICH2 1.7 was release this weekend and will need to be pulled into the builds.
Patches have been submitted to allow OFED-1.5.4 to build on RHEL EL 6.2 beta.

Rupert from the interop group requested that we release an RC2 this week so it
can be used for the interop event that starts at the end of the week.

People should start pulling and testing the RCs on their hardware and filing
any bugs found in bugzilla. We will start to review the blocker bugs starting in the
next meeting.

OFED-2.0 upstream kernel work .

Sean is working with Roland to get the XRC patches upstream. Most likely
Roland will add these to his tree to be included in kernel.org 3.2. Roland
found a couple bugs in the patch that Sean is fixing.

There are some other minor patches that were identified, such as raw QP support that
are in OFED but not yet upstream.