[ewg] Compiling module after installing OFED

Benoit Hudzia benoit.hudzia at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 10:09:20 PDT 2012

Hi,

I Have installed an OFED stack on top of my distribution  .

However now i need to compile a kernel module that rely on the kernel
ibverbs / rdma_cm module family.

However it seems that it cannot find the right module / header to
compile against ( its compiling again the header present in the
original Linux  source) .

Based on what i understood the "backport " header are located in my ofa_kernel .

""""""""""""The package kernel-ib-devel include files are placed under
/usr/src/ofa_kernel/include/. These include files should be used when
building kernel modules that use the stack. (Note that the include
files, if needed, are “backported” to your kernel.) """"""

However i don't understand how to force the kernel module to compile
against them .

Can anybody can point me to the documentation that will help me
compile the kernel module?

Regards
Benoit