[ewg] Licensing issue with current rds-tools tarballs

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 11:50:49 PST 2012

This came up during package review for Fedora.  I have already brought
it up with Venkat at Oracle.  The issue is that the licensing of this
package is incomplete (the file COPYING that is referenced in several
source files is not present in the tarball) and in one place outdated
(in examples/rds-example.c, the address for the FSF is incorrect).  Just
an FYI for any companies whose legal teams are as strict as ours about
not redistributing code without a proper, legal license.  I hope an
rds-tools-2.0.8 should be rolled soon to resolve the issue.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
              GPG KeyID: 0E572FDD