[ewg] EWG/OFED meeting minutes for July 10, 2012

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.com
Wed Jul 11 04:07:48 PDT 2012

EWG/OFED meeting minutes for July 10, 2012
======================================

1. OFED 3.5. status:
   - Base kernel package is ready today
   - RHEL 6.3/6.2 should be ready this week
   - SLES11 SP2 should be ready next week

   All asked to provide their backports after Vlad's mail and also to start running tests
   RHEL 5.x: We do not have a resource to do it now. Woody will raise it on OFA board to see if OFA can found it
   There is a request for daily build mails as before - Vlad

2. MPI versions to run:
  - MVAPICH2 - 1.8
  - Intel MPI - 4.0.3
  - Open MPI - 1.6 or 1.6.1 (if will be released)
  - MVAPICH1 - We can test last released version (1.2). Tom to ask some labs if they are willing to test MVAPICH1 over OFED 5.3-RCs
	            There is no maintainer for it in OFA anymore.

3. General:
  - Update maintainers in the OFA page - Vlad

4. Agreed from last meeting:
    More things we wish to support:
    - Install user space libs only - and use the kernel coming from kernel.org
      Need to have the openibd scripts & the udev rules in a different RPMs and not part of compat

Tziporet