[ewg] EWG/OFED meeting minutes for May 29, 2012

Vladimir Sokolovsky vlad at dev.mellanox.co.il
Tue Jun 5 08:24:30 PDT 2012

On 06/01/2012 01:12 AM, Hefty, Sean wrote:
>> 	- ibacm library - compatible with Redhat 6.x only (not suitable for
>> SLES) - Vlad fixed locally for OFED, but need Sean to fix the library
>
> Vlad, please try using the latest version on:
>
> downloads.openfabrics.org/rdmacm/ofed/ibacm-1.0.6.tar.gz
>
> I was able to successfully build using rpmbuild -ta on both RHEL 6.2 and SLES 11 SP2.  I could install on RHEL6.2, but received the following error when installing on SLES:
>
> 'insserv: FATAL: service rdma has to be enabled to use service ibacm'
>
> but I'm not certain that's related to the ibacm package.  (I'm using borrowed systems for testing.)
>
> If you still see issues, please let me know.  Again, once things work, I'll give you a real package, with a new release.
>
> - Sean

Hi Sean,
This issue is caused by the following lines in the ibacm daemon (/etc/init.d/ibacm):

# Required-Start: rdma $network
# Required-Stop: rdma $network

- These lines fit RHEL6.x in-box driver that includes /etc/init.d/rdma.

Note: SLES, RHEL5.x Distros and OFED use /etc/init.d/openibd to load the driver.

So, I used "openibd" instead of "rdma".

Regards,
Vladimir