[ewg] EWG/OFED meeting minutes for May 1st 2012

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.com
Thu May 3 08:54:28 PDT 2012

EWG/OFED meeting minutes for May 1st 2012:

To "OFED or not to OFED":
There was a wide agreement from all participants that we should go ahead and continue releasing OFED as a collaborative effort of all the vendors.

OFED kernel base:
Since kernel 3.3 is already our we wish to move to 3.3 kernel base and start with OFED 3.3

Verbs extensions:
We will not wait for the verbs extensions for this release.
Once the extensions will be implemented and push upstream they will be included

Schedule:
- May 30: All drivers' backports should be ready by - for RHEL 6.2 and SLES11 SP2
- June 14: RC1 - including backports to RHEL 5.8
- July 30: GA

Libraries owners: please ensure to have your libraries ready for May 30 (if you plan to change anything)

Regards,

Tziporet