[ewg] OpenSM IBumad problem

Hector Abrach HAbrach at TMRIUSA.COM
Mon May 14 09:12:49 PDT 2012

Hello,
I'm hoping you can provide me with some insight as to what may be wrong
with my OpenSM.
I have a problem with function dev_poll() in ibumad/umad.c

I get a return code of ETIMEDOUT. I searched a bit deeper and discovered
that it may be associated with function process mlx4_ib_process_mad from
the driver.
The driver returns IB_MAD_RESULT_SUCCESS however I've noticed that when it
works it doesn't enter any of these if statements.
/*
 * Don't process SMInfo queries or vendor-specific
 * MADs -- the SMA can't handle them.
 */
if (in_mad->mad_hdr.attr_id == IB_SMP_ATTR_SM_INFO ||
    ((in_mad->mad_hdr.attr_id & IB_SMP_ATTR_VENDOR_MASK) ==
        IB_SMP_ATTR_VENDOR_MASK)) {
        return IB_MAD_RESULT_SUCCESS;
}
I noticed it is true for: ((in_mad->mad_hdr.attr_id &
IB_SMP_ATTR_VENDOR_MASK) ==
        IB_SMP_ATTR_VENDOR_MASK)
Would you be able to give me some pointers as to what may be wrong? What
is OpenSM polling for in umad.c?
Thank you for your help!!!
Hector Abrach