[ewg] [GIT PULL OFED-3.2] cxgb3/cxgb4/iw_cxgb3/iw_cxgb4 backports

Marciniszyn, Mike mike.marciniszyn at intel.com
Mon May 21 09:37:54 PDT 2012

Vipul,

I noticed that this patch gets a build failure for cxgb4 on SLES11SP2 with the current compat, compat-rdma, and linux-3.2 trees.

There is an API difference between SLES11SP2 and 3.0.13 with __netdev_alloc_page() taking one more argument:

SLES11SP2:
struct page *_netdev_alloc_page(struct net_device, gfp_t, struct sk_buff *)

3.0.13:
struct page *_netdev_alloc_page(struct net_device, gfp_t)

The cxgb4 driver builds for everything else.

How do you want to fix this?

This is the second API different I've seen with SLES11SP2.   The first was in the netlink_dump_start() used in core/netlink.c.

I'm suspecting that a distinct backport branch is needed for SLES11SP2, which I have in a patch to add that to fix the netlink_dump_start() difference.

Mike