[ewg] EWG/OFED meeting agenda for today - May 29, 2012

Tziporet Koren tziporet at mellanox.com
Tue May 29 08:50:45 PDT 2012

Agenda for today:

1. OFED 3.2:

		All - please review to see no patch has left behind

	Issues:
	- SLES11 SP2: rdmacm & rdmaucm kernel modules are not loaded (issues with compat library) - Vlad
	- OpenSM new release does not bringup links - under debug by Alex Netes
	- ibacm library - compatible with Redhat 6.x only (not suitable for SLES) - Vlad fixed locally for OFED, but need Sean to fix the library

	Due date for RC1: This Thursday assuming above issues will be resolved, with SLES11 SP2 and RHEL 6.2 only

	Open:
	- Can we omit RHEL 5.x from OFED 3.2?
	- GA date will be based on this decision

2. OFED 3.3/3.4:
	- I suggest now that we will not move to the new kernel in order to have "a stick in the ground"
	- After 3.2 will be GA we can move directly to the latest kernel (3.4 or 3.5)

3. General:
	- Treating bugs found in the upstream kernel code - open discussion
	- Add drivers that accepted for future kernels: not yet implemented

4. Open discussion - all

Tziporet