[ewg] UNH-IOL Testing OFED .5 RC1

Rupert Dance rsdance at soft-forge.com
Thu Sep 6 03:14:55 PDT 2012

Hello all,

UNH-IOL has not completed all of its testing but here is what they have
reported so far:

Preliminary testing with SL6.2 and OFED 3.5-rc1 gives the following results:

.         Successful testing

o   IPoIB - no issues seen in either datagram or connected mode

o   RDMA Basic Interop and RDMA Stress testing - no issues seen

o   uDAPL - no issues seen

.         Failures

o   RDS - possible error with our configuration, "bind() failed, error 99".
Will look into this more

o   SRP - the srp_daemon locks up the node when using OFED 3.5-RC1. We are
working with one of the SRP vendors to explore this further and will get
more feedback later this week.

.         MPI - still need to test

SL6.3 is not yet fully configured in the cluster, which is why we didn't do
the above testing using that version. We will redo the testing using 6.3
with RC2.

Thanks

Rupert