[ewg] where can I find librsocket?

Hal Rosenstock hal at dev.mellanox.co.il
Wed Aug 21 05:09:54 PDT 2013

On 8/21/2013 4:34 AM, Richard Croucher wrote:
> Where can I  obtain rsockets?
>
> I can's see it in OFED
>
> Now that SDP has been dropped, I need an alternative means of accessing
> RDMA, particularly where I don't have access to source code.
>
> Sean's presentations look interesting but where's the code?   Is it
> buried within rdma_cm?,   I could only find rsocket.h in my version.
> if so which release did it appear it?
>
> I understood it was all user space code so I was expecting to find it in
> OFED rather than kernel.org .    However, neither site seem to have it
> although I did find a few patches referencing it on the latter.
>
>  It seems to well buried that even Google can't find anywhere.

rsockets is part of librdmacm. It first appeared in v1.0.16 (7/12/12)
but there are bug fixes in v1.0.17 (3/6/13) and some beyond that but not
yet released.

I think v1.0.17 is probably the minimum version to use if not the latest
from Sean's git tree (git.openfabrics.org/~shefty/librdmacm.git).
Also, there are release tarballs in
http://www.openfabrics.org/downloads/rdmacm/.

-- Hal