[ewg] OFED 3.12 SRP client compatibility for RHEL 6.5

Bart Van Assche bvanassche at acm.org
Fri Dec 6 11:02:04 PST 2013

On 12/06/13 19:26, Hanania, Amir wrote:
> I had a need to run ofed 3.12 SRP client on _RHEL 6.5_.
>
> So, I fixed:
> 1.     Compilation issue when SRP option is set. (scsi_target_unblock)
> 2.     Crashing issue when I first tried to use it. (srp_queuecommand)
>
> It is now running on my RHEL 6.5 system. _Please see attached patch_.
>
> My question is what is the way to make this patch part of the official
> OFED-3.12 release ?

Please have a look at a similar patch that is present in OFED 3.5. It is
much more elaborate than this patch and e.g. enables lockless queueing,
which improves performance significantly. See also the patch called
compat-rdma-3.5/patches/0025-ib_srp-Backport-to-older-kernels.patch in
SRPMS/compat-rdma-3.5-OFED.3.5.src.rpm in OFED-3.5.tgz.

The same patch can also be found here:
http://git.openfabrics.org/git?p=compat-rdma/compat-rdma.git;a=tree;f=patches;hb=ofed_3_5.

Bart.