[ewg] OFED-3.5 compat.ko issue with SLES11 SP2

Greeniaus, Terry terry.greeniaus at emc.com
Thu Feb 14 14:27:12 PST 2013

Hi,

This is my first post to an OpenFabrics list in many years, so I hope I am not breaking any netiquette.

We are using SLES11 SP2 with the updated kernel 3.0.51-0.7.9-default available from Novell.  I was building OFED-3.5-rc6 yesterday and noticed that the resulting compat.ko module would not load - it has conflicting symbols with ida_simple_get (and presumably ida_simple_remove).  I don't see these symbols in vanilla 3.0.51 but they are in my System.map file, so I think that Novell must have backported them in 3.0.51-0.7.9.  In any case, I was able to build a working compat.ko by #if'ing out the entire compat-3.1.c file from that source RPM.  I'm not sure what the appropriate patch here is, but mine probably isn't it!

I had hoped to email this out before OFED-3.5 was released but it seems I have very poor timing.

Thanks,
TG