[ewg] Multiple fabrics and OpenSM

pavan tc pavan.tc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 16:13:49 PST 2013

Hi,

I am trying to use OpenSM to manage a simple two node back-to-back
connected node IB network.
But for more bandwidth I have two 1 port cards on each of these and have
connected them as below:

    +----------------+                   +----------------+
    |                  |  IB LINK 1    |                 |
    |                  |--------------------|                 |
    |  Node 1      |                    |    Node 2   |
    |                  |  IB LINK 2    |                 |
    |                  |--------------------|                 |
    |                  |                    |                 |
    +----------------+                   +----------------+

If I start OpenSM with no specific conf files, it binds to the first port
and the other one cannot be used.
I need to manually start it on the other with '-g' option if I have to use
it. Most solutions I found on the internet are some flavour of manually
starting the instances. I would like to avoid writing an init script that
starts the required number of opensm instances with the right parameters.

I wanted to automate this on every boot. Does opensm offer such mechanisms
via some conf file settings?

Thanks,
Pavan