[ewg] NODE_DESC=$(hostname -s) of openibd give localhost at boot

giggzounet giggzounet at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 00:19:36 PDT 2014

Hi,

We have a small cluster with centos 6.5 and infiniband. OFED is
installed and infiniband is working. The nodes get their IP with DHCP.

At boot openibd is started without error. But the description of each
node is "localhost", which is quite annoying. If I do a restart of
openibd at the end of the boot, the description is set to the "correct"
hostname (n01, n02,...).

I think it is a "problem" with the DHCP. At the start of openibd, the
node has no IP. But I'm not sure.

Is it a classical problem? Is there a way to solve it?

Regards,
Guillaume