[ewg] OFA organizational changes

Ryan, Jim jim.ryan at intel.com
Tue Apr 14 11:47:23 PDT 2015

On behalf of the OFA Board I am announcing some administrative changes.  Software Forge, Inc. has elected not to renew its membership as an OFA Promoter.  While we thank Rupert Dance, for his diligent and sustained work over many years in helping to drive the OFA's mission, we have to operate consistent with the OFA's Bylaws. They require me to make a number of changes, as a consequence of SFI's change in status.

Dave Wyman of the UNH-IOL has agreed to temporarily fill the role of Interoperability Working Group Chair.  The OFA's bylaws require that working group chairs also be Promoters, hence Dave's tenure will be on a strictly interim basis while we work to find permanent chair(s) as quickly as possible.

Paul Grun will serve as interim Chair of the OpenFabrics Interoperability Logo Group's Arbitration Committee until a permanent chair can be identified.  Dave Wyman will see to any administrative requirements that may come up.  Rupert will no longer be a participant in the OFILG.

Bob Woodruff will continue in his role as co-chair of the Enterprise Working Group. At Monday's meeting Woody began soliciting EWG Promoter members to step forward to serve as EWG co-chair. Rupert will continue his work with OFA EWG as OFED release program manager but will do so as a volunteer and not as a co-chair.

Rupert has been a key contributor to the OFA for many years, and we wish him well in his future endeavors.  We hope that he will continue to participate in any and all public OFA activities such as public working groups and email reflectors.

Sincerely, Jim Ryan, Chair, the OFA