[ewg] OFA EWG Meeting: Monday, Feb 27, 2017, 09:00 AM US Pacific Time (12pm EST) - Minutes

Davis, Arlin R arlin.r.davis at intel.com
Tue Feb 28 12:21:23 PST 2017

Attendees                          Company
Dwip Banerjee                   IBM
David Dai                            IBM
Arlin Davis                          Intel
Bill Schmidt                        Intel
Robert Woodruff                Intel
Tatyana Nikolova              Intel
Jim Ryan                             OFA
Rupert Dance                     Software Forge
Susan Coulter                     lanl
Steve Wise                           Chelsio

Agenda

*        Opens

o   Board update - user components can remain dual-license and untainted. They are working on final approval and language for OFED 4.8 release notes.

*        OFED 3.18-3: http://downloads.openfabrics.org/OFED/ofed-3.18-3/OFED-3.18-3-rc1.tgz

o   RC1 released 2-16: test/validation completed, we are ready for GA

?  Testing completed: IBM, Intel QIB, Intel Xeon Phi, Chelsio, Software Forge

?  If there are no objections, I recommend we move to GA when Vlad returns.

*        OFED 4.8:   http://downloads.openfabrics.org/OFED/ofed-4.8-daily/OFED-4.8-20170221-0511.tgz

o   Backports: cxgb3, cxgb4 done and included, nes backports sent and waiting for inclusion.

o   New drivers:

?  Config/install for i40iw being worked, need Vlad to share method for disabling builds

?  Patches for NVMeoF sent (enable kernel 4.8 only), waiting for inclusion or feedback.

o   I would like to move OFED 4.8 to RC1 by mid-March (15th) if possible.

?  Vlad, if you need any help or additional support just let us know.

*        User Package Status:

o   Updates for 4.8: rdma-core (v13), libfabric 1.4.1, dapl-2.1.10, fabtest 1.4.1

*        Bug Status: (please update bugs so we have latest status)

o   2611 Latest 4.8 snapshot doesn't work with mlx5 - can someone confirm this is fixed?

o   2612 Update firmware for Chelsio driver - FIXED

o   2615 libfabric compile fails with latest rdma-core -FIXED

o   2616 fabtest rpmbuild fails  - FIXED

o   2617 Build breaks with "infiniband-diags"

?  2 patches submitted;  waiting on new infiniband-diags package

Regards,

Arlin Davis