[ewg] Questions on building OFED 4.8

Amrani, Ram Ram.Amrani at cavium.com
Mon Mar 13 11:59:01 PDT 2017

Hi Vlad,
I was trying to build OFED 4.8 daily build from March 9th over RHEL 7.2 and ran into a few issues and questions.
I'd appreciate if you can help out:

1.      In order to build OFED I had to comment out 'nvme' from the conf file.
Otherwise the build complained the file pr.h is missing. Where can it be obtained?

2.      I see that there are two folders created: /usr/src/compat-rdma and /usr/src/compat-rdma-4.8.
What is the purpose of each?

3.      In order for the driver to build I had to perform the steps below:

a.      Run ./configure from /usr/src/compat-rdma. I have not seen any documentation about this. Is this an expected step or should be part of automated script?

b.      Run ./configure from /usr/src/compat-rdma-4.8. As above, is this expected?

c.      Change line 4 of /usr/src/compat-rdma/include/linux/sched/prio.h to:
#include "../../../compat/config.h"
Is this a bug?

d.      Change line 5 of /usr/src/compat-rdma/include/linux/compat-3.12.h
Replace '<' and '>' with '"'. It should look like this:
#include "../../compat/config.h"

e.      I think I had to re-do (c) and (d) in /usr/src/compat-rdma-4.8

4.      What rdma-core should I test this OFED against?

Thanks,
Ram