[ewg] Questions on building OFED 4.8

Amrani, Ram Ram.Amrani at cavium.com
Mon Mar 13 23:19:53 PDT 2017

Understood. Thanks Arlin.

Ram

From: Davis, Arlin R [mailto:arlin.r.davis at intel.com]
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2017 9:18 PM
To: Amrani, Ram <Ram.Amrani at cavium.com>; Vladimir Sokolovsky <vlad at dev.mellanox.co.il>
Cc: Elior, Ariel <Ariel.Elior at cavium.com>; ewg at lists.openfabrics.org; Sternberg, Jay E <jay.e.sternberg at intel.com>
Subject: RE: [ewg] Questions on building OFED 4.8

Hi Vlad,
I was trying to build OFED 4.8 daily build from March 9th over RHEL 7.2 and ran into a few issues and questions.
I'd appreciate if you can help out:

1.      In order to build OFED I had to comment out 'nvme' from the conf file.
Otherwise the build complained the file pr.h is missing. Where can it be obtained?

nvme is only supported on kernel 4.8; no backports are supported at this time. We are working on changing the build configuration (RC1) to restrict nvme to kernel 4.8 until backports are supported.

-arlin