[openib-general] gen2 dev branch

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Sun Aug 1 14:00:51 PDT 2004

    Roland> I don't like building a general kernel GSI layer when the
    Roland> SA client is the only known consumer.

    Yaron> Just from what people use today: CM, SA, PM, DM, and vendor
    Yaron> specific (we use for SM sync) GSI consumers So do we want
    Yaron> to repeat the same GSI functionality for each of them ?

CM has no use for RMPP or really any of the GSI functions.  I haven't
seen anyone doing PM from the kernel.  Right now DM is in the kernel
(for Topspin's stack too) but I would like to try to move that to
userspace.  I assume your vendor-specific SM sync is in userspace as
well.  Given that most of the users are in userspace, I would like to
try and move the general code to a user library too.

 - Roland