[openib-general] [ANNOUNCE] GSI Implementation Candidate

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Mon Aug 2 07:51:09 PDT 2004

A few quick comments based on starting to read the code:

 - Makefile should use standard kbuild rather your own rules.  It
   doesn't seem like it can even build a 2.6 .ko module.
 - Need to get rid of your spinlock wrappers -- not just for style
   reasons, as usual the wrappers are buggy.
 - Need to remove all the #if 0/#if 1 (or replace with #ifdef
   SUITABLE_PREPROC_SYMBOL) -- however #ifdefs in .c files should be
   avoided if at all possible.
 - Static limit on number of ports/HCAs supported doesn't look good to me.
 - VD_ENTERFUNC() etc. debugging code needs to be removed
 - all printk()s need appropriate KERN_ levels.
 - all /proc files should be moved to sysfs
 - Shouldn't hard-code P_Key index ... needs to be settable by consumer
 - Need some way to send mads with GRH
 - ib_reg_mr() function has been removed from the API, and registering
   memory in the data path doesn't look good to me -- you should do
   ib_reg_phys_mr() once to cover all of lowmem, and then just do
   pci_map_single()/pci_unmap_single() in the data path.
 - gsi_post_send_mad() looks buggy to me -- where is addr_hndl_attr
   filled in?

Thanks,
 Roland