[openib-general] GSI compromise

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Wed Aug 4 13:18:19 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-03 at 20:36, Sean Hefty wrote:
> There are still some disagreements on the GSI APIs and overal model, and I would like to try to get everyone together on this.  Using the gsi.h file under trunk/contrib/voltaire/access as a base, I tried to modify the API slightly to meet some sort of compromise.  The modified file is below.  Some comments about the changes:

Looks good although I need some more time to think about redirection
before commenting on those aspects of the API.

Just a couple of minor comments/questions (as others have already been
brought up on the list):

In terms of timeout_ms, would 0 or some other value be no timeout (for
request/response matching) ?

Rather than ib_mad_reg/dereg_class, it looks more like
ib_mad_register/deregister to me now :-)