[openib-general] IPoIB IETF WG presentation updated again

Dror Goldenberg gdror at mellanox.co.il
Wed Aug 4 14:31:55 PDT 2004

If you want to do a fair comparison, then you need to compare ModifyAH
with DestroyAH+CreateAH. Anyway, since AVs are read only from the HCA
perspective, if you want to do a good implementation of AV operations, then
you can completely avoid PIO reads. Just maintain a shadow data structure
in the process address space that will hold the kind of information that
you intended to read from the device memory. While this solution requires
more memory, this memory doesn't need to be pinned, so it's relatively
a cheap resource and it reduces PIO reads completely.

Dror