[openib-general] ib_mad.h rmpp_version and RRespTime in header

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Thu Aug 5 05:28:50 PDT 2004

Hi,

Do we really want the consumer to know RMPP version and pass it into
ib_mad_reg_class (and also ib_mad_qp_redir) ?

It would seem to me that the RMPP implementation should support whatever
version(s) it does and be backward compatible to other versions.

The only reason I recall from this thread was allowing the consumer to
set RRespTime in the RMPP header as a way of passing this. If that is
the only thing, why not do this some other way (like part of ib_mad_msg
struct) ? Shouldn't we isolate the consumer from these sorts of things ?