[openib-general] ib_req_ncomp_notif in core_ layer

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Thu Aug 5 08:39:00 PDT 2004

    Sean> This call is inline in the ib_verbs.h version, which is what
    Sean> I think we're slowly moving towards.  Since it's an optional
    Sean> call though, it shouldn't assume that the call exists, and
    Sean> should check first.

Yeah, I'll make req_ncomp_notif an inline in my tree as well, since
it's a data path method.

I think most of the non-data path functions should not be inline,
since they may need to do some reference counting and so on, and
smaller text size is probably better for performance than inlining the
function (especially since the jump to the core function is not
through a function pointer and can be predicted perfectly).

 - R.