[openib-general] GSI compromise

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Thu Aug 5 14:20:07 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 15:33, Sean Hefty wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 16:21:24 -0400
> Hal Rosenstock <halr at voltaire.com> wrote:
>
> > The redirect can occur at *any* time, including in the middle of an RMPP
> > transfer.
>
> I noticed this morning that the spec said that "redirection may be used at any time".
>
> But as Roland mentioned, redirection is response message.

Yes (but see below).

> It would seem like the sender would be sending back two response
> messages, but with different data if they could send it at *any* time.

There are 2 cases:

1. The request is RMPP'd (SA GetMulti is an example of this). The
responder can redirect in the middle of the request. This is the more
straightforward one.

2. I think you (and Roland) are talking about when a SA
GetTable/GetTraceTable request is made which is not RMPP'd but elicits a
RMPP response. How this is done is an "implementation issue". I think
there are 2 valid choices: (1) complete the transaction and redirect the
next request, or (2) terminate the transaction (cause the request to be
retried) and redirect that request to the new location.