[openib-general] reply-to munging

Matt L. Leininger mlleinin at hpcn.ca.sandia.gov
Thu Aug 5 20:34:35 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 08:52, Tom Duffy wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-07-30 at 13:34 -0700, Tom Duffy wrote:
> > Is there a reason why reply-to munging has been turned off?
>
> Ah, it looks like openib switched to mailman (boy, that was quiet and
> done smoothly).  Now there are more than two lists available.  Can
> somebody explain what these various lists are for?

> openib-bylaws
> openib-commits
> openib-general
> openib-promoters
> openib-software
>
> Obviously, I know what general and commits are, but what are the other
> three?

  We switched over to mailman because mailboxer was painful and limited.

  openib-software was being used by the early software working group.
All these discussion were moved to openib-general.

  openib-bylaws is being used by some folks working on ... Bylaws.  When
they get something worth reading it will be posted to the openib-general
list.

  openib-promoters is being used by the promoters to figured out how to
pay for legal and setup fees, etc.

  - Matt