[openib-general] ib_get_special_qp

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Tue Aug 10 11:17:19 PDT 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:35:07 -0700
Roland Dreier <roland at topspin.com> wrote:

> Is there any point in having the
>
> 	enum ib_qp_type qp_type,
>
> parameter to ib_get_special_qp(), since struct ib_qp_init_attr has
>
> 	enum ib_qp_type		qp_type;
>
> anyway?

I think this is just a remnant from having separated qp_type and spl_qp_type.  I will remove.

>  (In fact if we're willing to add a port member to struct
> ib_qp_init_attr, we could get rid of ib_get_special_qp() and just have
> ib_create_qp() handle special QPs as well, although I'm not it's worth
> it since both the low-level driver code and the ULP code for special
> QPs is probably pretty different from the code from regular QPs)

Hmm... I think this may be worth doing.  At least from the access layer perspective, there's likely to be overlap in the code (if not exactly the same).  Plus, I'm not sure that we want to expose QP0/1 above the access layer.  (Does anything use the raw QP types, or ever plan on using them?)