[openib-general] ib_req_ncomp_notif in core_ layer

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Sun Aug 15 00:41:03 PDT 2004

Quoting r. Sean Hefty (mshefty at ichips.intel.com) "Re: [openib-general] ib_req_ncomp_notif in core_ layer":
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 09:47:18 +0300
> "Michael S. Tsirkin" <mst at mellanox.co.il> wrote:
>
> > Nope, sorry. Tavor will generate an event if completion are generated
> > *after the event was generated*.
> >
> > So
> >    arm
> >    completion
> >    event
> >    arm    <-- no event
> >
> > But
> >
> >    arm
> >    completion
> >    event
> >    completion
> >    arm    <-- event
>
> Is the event generated only if the CQ is armed for the next completion?
> Or is it generated even in the case the the CQ is armed for the next
> solicited completion?  If we add a generate event flag for the send and
> receive work requests, what sort of behavior is possible if the CQ is armed
> with completions still on it?

All these work pretty much as you would expect I think:
Here's an example for solicited:

   arm solicited
   completion (solicited)
   event
   completion (not solicited)
   arm solicited    <-- no event

But

   arm solicited
   completion (solicited)
   event
   completion (solicited)
   arm    <-- event

Similiarly for send/receive work requests marked for events.
MST