[openib-general] ib_mad.h: ib_mad_reg_req question

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Tue Aug 31 11:34:04 PDT 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 15:03:10 -0400
Hal Rosenstock <halr at voltaire.com> wrote:

> To me, this is a 2 part question:
> 1. Is there ever a need to get just one of these classes ? (I don't
> think so but want to be sure...)
> 2. If not, then is it acceptable to muddy the interface this way ?

My first thought is that it changing the API isn't worth the gain.

As an aside question, does the SM receive unsolicited directed route MADs?  I always thought of directed route MADs as being initiated by the SM, basically for configuration purposes, and then routed locally (via ib_process_mad) at the remote side.