[openib-general] testing OpenIB on TopSpin hardware ?

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Wed Dec 1 07:53:46 PST 2004

    Philippe> Hello, I would like to test the latest OpenIB software
    Philippe> on our test platform, specially the SDP part.  We have a
    Philippe> HP-DL380/DL360 (IA32) cluster with 12 nodes connected
    Philippe> through TopSpin HCA and TopSpin 90 IB switch.  I got the
    Philippe> OpenIB source with svn. What is the latest version ,
    Philippe> gen1 or 1.0 ?  1.0 looks like the version available in
    Philippe> march, correct ?  What is the firmware requirement for
    Philippe> the HCA and the switch ?

The latest OpenIB software is the subversion tree at

    https://openib.org/svn/gen2/trunk/

However this tree has support for IPoIB only (no SDP or any other
ULPs).  The gen1 tree does have SDP but has not been touched in some time.

Any firmware should work on HCA and switch, but the newer firmware
will probably be more stable.

 - Roland